Monday 7 October 2013

Empties / September 2013


Body Products:
Elemis Pro-Collagen Body Cream: this was an allright cream but tube too small to see any real improvement. A bit on the thick side but smells lovely and enjoyable to use in the evenings. 
Repurchase: maybe.
Bliss Blood Orange + White Pepper Body Butter: love this cream! The scent is unusual but awesome, I really liked it and very refreshing too. Again, semantics get lost here: I wouldn't call it 'body butter' because I'd expect something thicker. Also thumbs up for the paraben-free formulation and I love Bliss packaging.
Repurchase: Hell yeah! It's a lovely treat.
Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream With Macadamia Oil + Grapeseed Extract: another Bliss product that I've enjoyed using; actually, so far I liked every item from Bliss that I've tried. It's a great hand cream for mornings because the consistency is a cross between cream/gel and absorbs instantly. 
Repurchase: yes.
Doctor Duve Lifting & Firming Hand & Decollete Cream: kinda of a very specific targeting product here. I had a few samples and I used them on my decollete/neck areas since I have so many hand creams already. Again a very nice product but that I don't really feel the need for now. 
Repurchase: maybe, in 5 years time.


Face Products:
Chanel Huile Confort Silky Cleansing Oil: what a disappointment. I used to love Chanel make up removers, 10 years ago... but I guess I didn't know any better at the time. First of all, the oil gets everywhere! I've used oil removers that are not that oily - if this makes any sense - and much more manageable to use. You're supposed to be able to rinse this with water... in your dreams!
Then, it doesn't tackle eye make up one bit and I don't wear waterproof mascara or such.
A useless mess!
Repurchase: no!
Nivea Visage Pure & Natural Facial Cleansing Wipes: I use face wipes to take my face off before the gym and I then remove my eye make up/mascara properly, later at home. So, I don't need anything too powerful for a bit of foundation and blusher. 
I liked the ingredients list but I can't say I was particularly impressed with the product: they were pretty dry from the beginning and not as effective as they should be. Nothing majorly wrong with them but can't recommend them.
Repurchase: nope.
REN Maybloom Balancing Cleansing Gel: quite a nice cleanser that I use when my skin is particularly oily. It does a good job at leaving my skin squeaky clean but shame it's too thin to be used with the Clarisonic.
Repurchase: maybe.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by