Sunday 4 November 2012

Empties / October

Another month - another empties post!
October went super fast for me: it was my birthday, then my sister came to visit... my time was pretty much absorbed by the training at work... luckily, Christmas is approaching fast and I have already started buying presents... exciting! :)
Btw, can anybody recommend a good curling iron? I'm looking for a big barrel one, for beach waves more than spiral curls... something reasonable priced, too... much appreciated as always, girls!! xx

Anyway, this month offering:
Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub: pretty pissed off at Soap & Glory! I used to like the scrub which came with a blue lid but then they repackaged and reformulated it, I guess... This smells exactly like the previous one but it's thicker and impossible to use on dry skin (how I like it!) - too sticky.
Also, the jar is smaller but more expensive.
Repurchase: never!
Boots Natural Collection Shower Gel: actually, these were from a Christmas set that I bought in December 2011 - took advantage of 3for2 offer - but only got around to use them recently... God, 7 months later... I told you I don't use up stuff quickly!!! ;)
Anyway, they have lovely fruity scents so turned out to be perfect for the summer.
Only problem is the packaging: I can't be bother to fiddle with a screw top in the shower.
Repurchase: why not - although I have plenty of body washes to finish up, first!
L'Occitane Cocoa Flower Lip Balm: I really like this lip balm; not sticky, smells lovely of cocoa and very nourishing. Repurchase: definitely, I love the formula and there are new limited edition flavours every year!
The Body Shop SpaFit Toning Concentrate: I really disliked this body product. It leaves a oily residue on the skin and the pump is really hard to use.
It was quite expensive for the amount provided and I didn't notice any improvement on my skin.
Repurchase: no.
Gatineau Strategie Jeunesse Throat Gel Firming: quite a random product, I must admit. I got it in a swap, mainly because I wanted to try something from Gatineau. I used it up and I can't really say I saw any magic happening to my jawline but on the other hand, It's not like a have great concerns - thank God!
I would say it has more like a temporary tightening effect like a film, than a longterm effect but I did enjoy using it as it's very fresh on the skin and smells lovely.
Repurchase: maybe in 10 years time.
Talika Lipocils Expert: I got to say, I think this works! I didn't have high hopes but still wanted to give it a go and used it every night. I definitely have more lashes and they are longer! It was actually a nice surprise!
Repurchase: although, I can heartly recommend it - it's not a must have for now. I will consider buying it, If I see any promotion around.

10 comments:

  1. I love the smell of L'Occitane's Cocoa Flower range! Thanks for sharing about the S&G scrub - I used to like the old one but since it's been reformulated I wasn't sure about getting it to try out - I think I'll pass now! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, unfortunately I learned the hard way, about the S&G scrub :(
      I'm really into The body shop scrubs currently. x

      Delete
  2. I love empties posts! I really like the Talika too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Talika is a amazing... thank you for sending it to me :) x

      Delete
  3. oh that L'Occitane lip balm sounds lush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's beautiful... im not sure the cocoa is stil around but the formula is worth in any scent!

      Delete
  4. Glad I know I can skip that s&g stuff! I usually make scrubs though. Thanks for your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I couldmake my own scrub... but I'm just lazy... :( good for you tho!!! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh no, that sucks about the Soap & Glory scrub :( I hate it when products are changed. The L'Occitane lip balm sounds lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too as it was quite a good price too... :( likely I found a great alternative alraedy... the body shop scrubs!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by