Wednesday 29 February 2012

Laura Mercier Eyeshadow

This is something I picked up before Christmas.
The eyeshadow is Crystal Beige and came out in the Laura Mercier Holiday Collection 2011 - Moonlight



Unfortunately, It was limited edition so I'm not sure if you can still find it - maybe online.
I don't usually go for single eyeshadows, in fact I only have a couple of Mac and I don't know every single name or dupes like many beauty gurus. I suppose, I'm quite safe when it comes to eyes and go for shades that complement my eye colour... and that's it!
I'm definitely more adventurous with lipsticks.

Anyway, I was randomly browsing in House of Fraser one cold Thursday night and swatched this tiny square... I don't even know why I put my finger in it, honestly, because in the pan it doesn't do much... but then I was hooked. 
It the most stunning metallic brown, warm rosy bronze... but in some lights it gets more purple then brown.
I don't think the name is appropriate, actually. Beige??!



Performance-wise, I'm happy: it's creamy, really pigmented and it doesn't crease on me. I can use it like a quick wash of colour on the eyelid, if I'm in a hurry but also blend it with another shadow for more depth.
I'm not crazy about the packaging: plastic feels cheap but I guess you're supposed to click it off and depot it into a palette. Still, for the price I would have liked something better.

what do you think -
 do you have any Laura Mercier eyeshadow?

15 comments:

  1. beautiful eye shadow

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo this is pretty! i love laura mercier eyeshadows, not sure if it's still available but i've recently hit pan on Vanilla Nuts which is a lovely neutral x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm well impressed with this product, I could try more colours too.

      Delete
  3. gorgeous colour, not tried any laura mercier make up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting hooked. I have A big LM haul coming up... :)

      Delete
  4. Looks so different once swatched, gorgeous colour.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so different on the skin... I'm glad I swatched it.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a nice warm bronze to me, good colour for the summer!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its very pretty, got a nice dimension

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks beautiful! I've never tried anything from Laura Mercier! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by